This guide will help you to configure and optimise a Windows PC for use with the Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) in VR. There are settings in several different places that need to be considered and prioritised.
- Floyds Epic Clouds (flightsim.to) – 53k+ downloads
24 natural cloudscapes. Here is its web page and user guide.
- Floyds Alpine Odyssey (flightsim.to)
for chilled glider pilots and enthusiastic beginners.
- RTX 4090 crashes resolved
- Turn off Windows Fast Start
- Turn off Hyperthreading
- Create a RAM Drive to avoid read/write conflicts
- Reduce overheating on the main menu
- The OpenXR Toolkit
- Remove Nvidia containers
- Remove Windows Security Real-Time Stutter
All the Settings that Affect MSFS
- MSFS: How to Get VR Up & Running – for first time VR users
- MSFS: Suggested Settings – if you don’t know where to begin
- MSFS: Flight Sim Settings – the flight sim’s own settings
- MSFS: Nvidia Settings – control panel, NVidia’s over-clocker and GeForce notes
- MSFS: Windows Environment Settings – PC settings
- MSFS: Windows VR Tools – the render pipeline & VR keyboard
- MSFS: Hardware etc – VR headsets, overclocking, bios, resizable bar and fast drives
- MSFS: RTX 4090 Issues Resolved – Random crashes fixed after 8 months
- MSFS: Useful Things to Know – startup, shutdown and public betas
- MSFS: Addons – A selection of useful addons, paid and free
The Flight Sim Contents List
- An MSFS FlyingIron Spitfire Quick-Start Guide – a couple of the gotcha’s
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Basics – what’s a side or forward slip?
- How to Safely Load MSFS Updates – irritatingly sensible advice I should follow more often
- Voice Control for Gaming – it works well and could help with immersion too
- Graphics Tech – techniques for creating images in real time